Search This Blog

Thursday, July 26, 2007

“Who Are You to Judge Others?”

“Who Are You to Judge Others?” - In Defense of Making Moral Judgments

Nice article on the subject and the whole Ravi Zacharias ministry is most excellent.

The "Judge not..." passage has been used by alot of people to divert attention away from their sin. I know that this isn't what Christ meant but I couldn't put it together, but now I think I understand.

Part of my understanding is below in these passages from Paul but read the article also for the whole story.

Romans 11

17 "But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the rich root of the olive tree,
18 do not be arrogant toward the branches; but if you are arrogant, remember that it is not you who supports the root, but the root supports you.
19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.”
20 Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear;
21 for if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you, either."


Be humble, don't be "holier than thou"; it is Christ who did it all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I hate having to fill out a form just to post a comment, but I have had to add that thing where you have to type in the letters that you see in the graphic to be able to post a comment, because I was getting nasty spam stuff. You can still choose anonymous.

If you have relevant links or resources, please put them in the comments and I will certainly check them out!