Search This Blog

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Hurricane Katrina, a snapshot of things to come...

I was reading in Daniel about the four beasts, how these are a representation of what is to be. This was brought to my attention; that the Lord gives us visions of things to come although we see them as the workings of man or nature.

A thought came that Hurricane Katrina is a snapshot of things to come; the governmental inaction, the starving, the people dying without anyone to help them, no “Egypt” came to their assistance, people in the football stadium were subject to the worst kinds of sins, rape, theft, murder, assault, and hopelessness yet were not allowed to leave.

So I believe it will be again.

This hurricane was a snapshot of the future I believe God has given to us, the president’s inaction, the chaos of communication, the lack of coordination, the confusion… all snapshots of things to come.

Don’t call to Egypt for help, which is of this world. Call to the One who created the earth and the sky and all creation.

Deu 30:19 “I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants, 20 by loving the LORD your God, by obeying His voice, and by holding fast to Him; for this is your life and the length of your days..."

Jesus said in John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I hate having to fill out a form just to post a comment, but I have had to add that thing where you have to type in the letters that you see in the graphic to be able to post a comment, because I was getting nasty spam stuff. You can still choose anonymous.

If you have relevant links or resources, please put them in the comments and I will certainly check them out!