Search This Blog

Monday, September 17, 2007

There is no "Once saved, Always saved" doctrine in scripture.

Eternal Security
"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28 and I give eternal life to them, and they shall never perish; and no one shall snatch them out of My hand," (John 10:27-28).

Christ has done all that is needed for our salvation and he says that those who have eternal life will never perish. Those who appeared to be Christian but fell away never were Christians to begin with (1 John 2:19).

There is no "Once saved , Always saved" doctrine in scripture. What we have of salvation we have by faith. If faith stops, there is no salvation. It is easy to quote scriptures that give us the affirmative and positive of our salvation out of context while leaving out the believers responsibility. Consider the following portions of scripture in the Bible's own context.

John 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. 3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

also see: Romans 11:15-23, Hebrews 10:19-31, Hebrews 9:27-28 1Peter 1:3-9 *KJV

Prophetic Journa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I hate having to fill out a form just to post a comment, but I have had to add that thing where you have to type in the letters that you see in the graphic to be able to post a comment, because I was getting nasty spam stuff. You can still choose anonymous.

If you have relevant links or resources, please put them in the comments and I will certainly check them out!