Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Okay, what's up with the Dec 12 2012 thing?

First let me say, that no one knows the time.  This date setting is unbiblical.

So, what's all the hoopla about, I asked myself.  What I found is quite simple, the Maya ‘long count calendar’ has been hijacked.

The Maya's considered this ‘long count calendar’ as just that, a calendar to match their mythology.  They didn’t deal with fractional numbers so the calendar wasn’t accurate like today's but for its time it did the job.

theThis fellow John Major Jenkins, author of 9 books on the Maya, he explains in a rational way. 

If you just want to get to the 2012 thing, start at 7:10 time mark. 

And he talks about this ‘hijacking’ (my word, btw) is related to the western mind set and not part of the Maya culture, even to this day.

I quit watching around 11:00 minute time mark but he certainly showed his expertise in this area.

If you look below the YouTube video you will see the sun in the middle of the dark band of the milky way and all that…

 Link to video

 

Some of the things he talks about:

shapeimage_2

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Matthew 24:36,37 But of that day and hour knows no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I hate having to fill out a form just to post a comment, but I have had to add that thing where you have to type in the letters that you see in the graphic to be able to post a comment, because I was getting nasty spam stuff. You can still choose anonymous.

If you have relevant links or resources, please put them in the comments and I will certainly check them out!